Tuesday, August 20, 2013

WWJD? Open carry madness

This post is not about the right to keep and bear arms. It is about a pastor with an assault rifle. When I saw video, my first thought was that if Jesus existed, I doubt he would walk about with a broadsword strapped to his back. How is it that any pastor act exactly opposite to the values his God exemplifies and do so without his fellow Christians giving him hell?

The pastor is Terry Holcomb. He is on a mission to get people talking about gun laws. I must ask, Is Jesus really a supporter of gun rights? Was that something covered in the bible? I don't think so. Do you?

Holcomb said customers and business owners didn’t complain until he got to Walmart. Within minutes a manager asked him to leave. Holcomb didn’t argue and walked out of the store as requested.
“Well, the Walmart in Huntsville definitely doesn’t honor 2nd Amendment rights,” he said in the video as he walked into the store parking lot.

“And that is their absolute right,” Holcomb told us in an interview a week after he posted the videos. “I respect their right just as much as I want them to respect mine.”

Source: Pastor carries rifle in Hunstville to raise awareness of open carry laws

hat tip: Think Progress