Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Hypocrisy Watch. Now with Sunday school teachers

I have a label called Hypocrisy Watch. It's what I should have named this blog long ago when I first started out, but I never intended to become a blogger. Deep Thoughts was originally my tribute to Jack Handy. I was so innocent back in 2004. Almost 6,000 posts later and Hypocrisy Watch is my favorite tag. It has over 1,400 posts, all of which deal with hypocrisy or clergy sexual abuse

I typically don't follow the the sexual abuse cases of people who are not in the clergy. There are too many of them to track and I don't have the time to capture the sources and write the story. Payton Early Bostwick caught my attention though. He's a Sunday school teacher who allegedly raped a 10 year old relative. I planned on posting the story because of the level of hypocrisy involved in the alleged crime. A Sunday school teacher by day, a child rapist by night. It was irresistible. The man and the alleged crime are perfect examples of Christian hypocrisy. It gets better. Bostwick is an associate pastor at Lighthouse Pentecostal Church. That makes him a viable target, so he joins the Clergy Sex Abuse clan with the rest of the hypocrites. 

Bostwick is charged with a slew of crimes. 

Bostwick was arrested on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 and charged with child molestation, aggravated child molestation, enticing a child for indecent purposes, first degree cruelty to children, aggravated sodomy and aggravated sodomy of a minor.

Source: Bond set for former assistant pastor accused of child molestation

It's important to keep an open mind, but the case does not look good. The police took their time building a case. The victim was under the age of 10 when the abuse started. Bostwick looks like a typical family predator and pedophile. Court is a long way off. He's bonded out for now. We will have to wait and see what happens.