Friday, April 27, 2012

Introducing Football v. Religion

We’ve had a new blog join the Atheist blogroll: Football v. Religion

It may have been a slow burn since the mid 1800s, but since televised football started in the late 1960s and more recently live football matches became available via satellite, football is on the up, and religion is well and truly in the relegation zone.

This blog aims to help explain why football will eventually replace religion, while pointing out the main similarities and differences between them.

Strangely, until recently I thought little about religion, but much about football. However, after 'having' to study the Philosophy of Religion as part of a larger course, I was forced to consider 'the argument for god'. I am now consumed with the complete ridiculousness of organised religion, especially the 3 main Abrahamic religions, and I am astounded by the complete lack of critical thinking or questioning that accompanies religious belief.

If people are happy in this delusion, so be it, but they wish to use religion to influence laws and governmental decisions that effect me and my life. That is just plain stupid.

I would not say that I was a 100% ATHEIST, but what I am is 100% convinced that there is absolutely NO truth in Christianity, Islam or Judaism.

There is no benign, all powerful being watching our every move and intervening - if there was he would have an awful lot of explaining to do !!!

Are you interested in becoming a member? Visit the Atheist Blogroll for more information. or visit the the full Atheist Blogroll membership list.

Technorati Tags: Atheism The Atheist Blogroll