Thursday, January 20, 2011

Photography fail… again

Each day I make a decision about bringing my camera gear with me. When I have a busy travel schedule I find it inconvenient to lug it all along. I did 160 miles on the road yesterday. I had conference calls planned for my drive time and an intense meeting schedule while I was visiting sites. I opted to leave my gear at home. Oops. At noon I found myself stuck in the middle of a Los Angeles biggest breaking news story. And I mean stuck – I sat for one hour waiting for the police to release my traffic lane while they searched for a gunman who shot a school police officer. I could have shot hundreds of interesting photos and perhaps even made a few media sales – I made follow-up call instead. Oh well… I’m calling it a photography fail.

Note to self – Don’t mess with the police when they are responding to a police shooting. They seemed a little amped up.

Technorati Tags: ,