Friday, October 29, 2010

Introducing: Doubting Eric

Please join me in welcoming one of the newest members of the Atheist Blogroll, Doubting Eric. Follow Doubting Eric on Twitter @doubtingeric.

My name is Eric.  I was a believer in God for about 20 years, the last 5 years or so of which I considered myself a defender of the faith.  I have since had my eyes opened to a much wider and more beautiful world, and as a result have lost my faith.  But I don't really feel like I lost anything - I think I gained so much more.

No longer do I have to hide from the elegance and wonder of science and reality.  No longer do I have to bury my head in the sand and pretend that Christianity has all the answers.  The naturalistic view of the world makes much more sense to me than the supernatural one did.  Broken are the shackles of belief that my skeptical mind strained against for so long.  Only now do I feel completely free as a person, only now do I feel like I am being honest.  And I love it.

I am sure there are many out there that are questioning their beliefs, and maybe they feel a bit guilty about it.  If that is you, don't feel bad.  It is a sign of a healthy mind to be asking questions and thinking critically.  If you are already a non-believer, I hope you will join me in enjoying the world around us and reveling in the bliss of free thought.  I talk about science, philosophy, and thinking clearly.  But I am the first to say that I am just a layman with an interest in these things - I am by no means an expert.

Check out http://doubtingeric.blogspot.com and follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/doubtingeric.  Let me know what you think.  The grass is so much greener over here.

Are you interested in becoming a member? Visit the Atheist Blogroll resource blog for more information.

Technorati Tags: Atheism,The Atheist Blogroll