Sunday, July 25, 2010

Things I used to do

VildaWedding-25 When I was a young man I worked as a part-time wedding photographer. I enjoyed the work, but found it difficult to do while holding down a full-time job and trying to raise a family. I eventually stopped altogether, choosing instead to spend more time with my son. Last week I had an opportunity to shoot some candid shots at a family wedding. My cousin Vincent married his sweetheart Cindy in a small family event followed by a reception prior to his deployment with the Navy. Money was tight so there was no official photographer. The family pitched in to record the event, myself included. I’m sure they have more pictures than they could ever have hopped for. I enjoyed the experience immensely. It brought back memories of a simpler time when the pressure of a “real job” did not complicate my life too much. I miss those days, but I don’t miss being poor.

Technorati Tags: ,