Sunday, March 15, 2009

Blogroll Update: Introducing The Lucky Atheist

Our newest member, Mike Caton at The Lucky Atheist introduces himself thusly:

Hi all! I am humbled and honored to join Mojoey's blogroll. I'm carving out a niche of focusing on the politics of atheism, rather than on arguments supporting it - hey, if you're reading an atheist blog, you've already crossed *that* goal line. I try to provide constructive criticism where I think atheists in the U.S. could more profitably focus their efforts, and I don't hesitate to offer constructive criticism. I started a local Brights Chapter in 2004 and in 2006 I was camp counselor at Camp Quest West (Camp Quest always needs people!) And if that's not enough, in 1997 when Richard Dawkins signed my copy of the Selfish Gene with a pen I gave him that was made to look like a blood-filled syringe, he told me it was the most awful thing he'd ever seen. I'll be starting med school in the fall so going forward I'll often be looking at biomedical issues from a rationalist perspective. As for personal stats, I'm a 35 year-old married straight white guy living in the San Francisco Bay Area, and for a living I consult at biotech companies in clinical development, i.e. testing drugs on people to make sure they work. I'm also into distance running, linguistics, beer, and Jack-in-the-Box, though I promise not to talk about any of that on the blog except for beer.

See you at my blog - looking forward to your comments! -Mike

The Atheist Blogroll, Atheism, Blogging