Saturday, September 20, 2008

Oh what a lonely boy

I'm sitting in front of my computer playing music loud enough to cause me wife to give me "that look". I'm happy. Music has a strange influence over me. It always has. In this case, I am listening to a cover of Lonely Boy off the album Guilty Pleasures by Lazlo Bane (my space).  Guilty Pleasures is a cover album of songs from when I came of age in the 70s. Most are sappy love songs that plagued  the airwaves and cause us no end of embarrassment. Yet somehow the songs are reborn as warm nostalgic flashbacks. I've had the best time listening to this album. I've  posted the track list below. My favorite is the cover of Supertramp's Take the Long Way Home.

  • All By Myself
  • Alone Again
  • Baby Come Back
  • Come and Get It
  • Could It Be Magic
  • Cruel to Be Kind
  • Get Right Back
  • Highway to Hell
  • I'm Not In Love
  • I Can't Tell You Why
  • I Love You
  • In the Summertime
  • Lime In the Coconut
  • Lonely Boy
  • Love Will Keep Us Together
  • Mama Told Me Not to Come
  • Nothing from Nothing
  • Stuck In the Middle With You
  • Take the Long Way Home
  • Things We Do for Love

I first came across Lazlo Bane when they released 11 Transistor in 1997. This album is on my top ten list. Every song is amazing. I recommend it highly.

Lazlo Bane is best known for Superman (youtube), the theme for Scrubs. I loved that show.

My all time favorite Lazlo Bane song is a cover of Men at Work's Overkill. I found it on youtube, Colin Hay makes an appearance - enjoy.

Technorati tags: ,