Wednesday, June 25, 2008

James Dobson Doesn't Speak For Me

James Dobson influence is in decline. An new website called James Dobson Doesn't Speak For Me offers Christians chance to step away from Dobson's political screed.

James Dobson doesn't speak for me.

He doesn't speak for me when he uses religion as a wedge to divide;

He doesn't speak for me when he speaks as the final arbiter on the meaning of the Bible;

James Dobson doesn't speak for me when he uses the beliefs of others as a line of attack;

He doesn't speak for me when he denigrates his neighbor's views when they don't line up with his;

Read more....

I sense an era coming to and end. Comments like this give me hope.

"My faith is not confined to one or two wedge issues. Let's talk about how to love the world, help the poor, and embrace a consistent ethic of life. Let's elevate our nation through service and true leadership. Let's have a president who respects our intelligence enough to trust us with nuances rather than soundbites. Most of all, let's bring out the best in each other." - Robyn L.

I have another proposal. Let us step away from religion in politics. How about moving America back to its secular roots?

Technorati tags: , ,

1 comment:

vjack said...

Yeah, something along the lines of "Christianity doesn't speak for me," huh?