Saturday, December 15, 2007

Huckabee caught in a lie

Mike Huckabee claimed to have a theology degree in an interview in a CBN Interview.

"I'm as strong on terror as anybody. In fact I think I'm stronger than most people because I truly understand the nature of the war that we are in with Islamofascism. These are people that want to kill us. It's a theocratic war. And I don't know if anybody fully understands that. I'm the only guy on that stage with a theology degree. I think I understand it really well."

Theology degree, it kind of rolls off the tongue. His response was a  less clear.

"I have a bachelor of arts in religion and a minor in communications in my undergraduate work. And then I have 46 hours on a master's degree at Southwestern Theology Seminary. So, my degree as a theological degree is at the college level and then 46 hours toward a masters -- three years of study of New Testament Greek, and then the rest of it, all in Seminary was theological studies, but my degree was actually in religion."

I think that means he does not have a degree. And, I think that qualifies Huckabee as a liar and a braggart. It may be par for the course for a Christian, but it is not what we need in a president.

Powerline broke the story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, he has a degree, a BA in religion - which is valid, I once tried out for colleges that had majors in college, but it looks like he has no masters or graduate degree. He is just overemphasizing his 36 hours towards a graduate degree.

Braggart definitely. Liar? More gray than anything. I still hate his guts though.

Jay Cables said...

More to the point, what kind of presidential candidate actually states "I have 46 hours toward a master's degree"? I mean it's a joke. Mojoey zeroed in on an essential absurdity about this Baptist mullah.