Saturday, August 18, 2007

Spoon - Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga

My friend Richard turned me on to Spoon a couple of years ago with the song "They Never Got you". It's been in high rotation on my iPod ever since. I picked up Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga last night. I'm in love.

I've played the album a few time since I picked it up (like now). I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it might be the best CD I've purchased in the last two years. its that good. The song "Don't you Evah" is stuck in my head - and I don't want it to leave.

Never be down
I said don't ever
Because it's gonna keep 'em hanging around

Did I mention the bonus disc? No? Well that's because I did not notice it until I was writing this post. Short break is in order...

OK - I'm a happy happy man. I feel like I found a $20 on the street. The Bonus Disc "Get Nice" is full of fun little songs. The track "Dracula's Cigarette" is going on my instrumental play list.

Technorati tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My fav is Black Like Me, but the whole album just kicks ass.

Check out the new Against Me! as well.

jamon said...

It's a regular on my playlist to Mojoey - superb album!

My fav has to be the opening track - don't make me a target.